Wednesday 31 August 2011

Expendable-less?


As our time draws to an end,
Heightened emotions lead us astray,
Unkindness is unanimously felt –

We wonder why we were so in tune in the first place –
The reality is,
It was inevitable,
Only in this place did our footsteps somersault, balanced –
Over there, we are expendable to each other,
She was more optimistic,
The other one not so much –
This one had learnt to accept letting go
It had become a pre requisite for her life.

So as the specs of sand continued to trickle by,
They continued in the idle muteness towards one another,
Reminiscing in silence about the memories made,
And soon the day dragged itself to light,
Companionship turned out to be temporary,
A distraction from the Destination –

But I don’t regret it, Alhumdullilah.

1 comment:

  1. Wow mashaAllh this is so beautiful! i love the way you write it's so inspiring. TO me the date you posted this seemed like you were talking about the end of ramadan, though that probably isn't the case! tHis is how i feel when I get my ramadan blues! Check out my blog post about my ramadan blues and let me know what you do to overcome them! http://muslimahinreverie.blogspot.com/2011/09/ramadan-blues.html

    ReplyDelete