Sunday 18 September 2011

Companionship

Companionship…
I never wanted to make it on my own
Believe you me
I journeyed near and far to ensure this wouldn’t be the case
And though many companions came to light
Their remnants is all that lingers.
You see,
The duality of expectations and permanence
Came to be unfounded
And they outgrew me.

Don’t get me wrong,
I’m not complaining,
Merely realising the realities of leading this worldly existence.

Alhough the blessings of parental support was important,
And sisterly banter catered to a contentment
none other could provide,
I sit here, alone
Contemplating these contemplations,
Disconnected,
Knowing that ultimately I am to face these tribulations
Tirelessly,
On my own.

The beauties of gratitude
As a result of these companions
Are not palpable all the time
Nevertheless their mere temporary presence
Has led me to the most inspired of thoughts.

Since each companion
In their own way offered some light …
Some support
Some loyalty
Some creativity
Some healing
Some love
Some happiness!

Yet all of these comforting qualities
From various individuals
(Some of whom were even fictitious!)
Have moved on,
They are leading a path not in conjunction with mine…
And so these fluttering thoughts of
Disappointment disappoint me.

After all...
Friendships unveiled themselves as false and fleeting,
Solemn courtships came to be of no real consequence,
Inspiring students progressed in their education,
And family became preoccupied,
Companionship with these ^
could not transcend time
or their changed priorities.

Yet today
It dawned upon me,
All these qualities that I desperately sought after,
- Both here and there----------------->,
Are beyond human capabilities,
Each companion having provided some healing,
But none mirrored the Permanent Companionship,
I was in search of, for so long.

After all, much to my dismay
And mini-me's vision of future happily ever after,
With a true companion,
There was no prince charming that was going to facilitate this.

Yet of course
There was and is one faculty of Sustenance that was forgotten,
Of Who’s Companionship is Never-Ending
And is of the most importance,
The Most True and Everlasting...
After all it is to whom both you,
And I journeying.  
In this way,
Having realised this realisation,
I feel less burdened with this matter,
Knowing,
No matter the matter
I will never lose
Or outgrow His Companionship.

Like I said,
My worldly companions have and will outgrow me,
Or maybe it's vice versa,
Nevertheless, it’s ok...
I have a True Companion unlike any other!

Insha’Allah may He be the Beacon that allows me to never sit here beside myself pondering these thoughts again J

2 comments:

  1. "Is not Allah sufficient for His Servant?" (39:36)

    This verse pulls me through at times like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This touched me :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts that are so eloquently penned!

    ReplyDelete