Saturday 10 December 2011

Side Reel Negatives


Flash, flash, flash
Moments completely unhappy and filled
With sadness and loneliness
Are now judged
For their beauty,
And now the analysation commences…

The self evaluation
Of progress,
Or digression,
(Based on a moment captured in one specific frame)

I have become immersed
In this repertoire
These binary opposites
Make my current existence numb,
And so my past monochrome existence
Bleeds in to my present,
And this excruciating pain epitomizes,
Leaving my undetermined future appear of no real excitement
A bleak prospect,
Leading me to consider
Maybe that was as good as it got?

No this can’t be,
I remember that frame,
That time,
It does not represent my state of mind,
I couldn’t function independently,
And now I can,
Isn’t this improvement?

Acceptance of one’s dependence on oneself
And no other creation…
Isn’t this a refined realisation?

Not according to my Mother,
Who took this frame and passed it to my aunt,
Determined to ensure
A more socially approved future frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment