Monday 14 November 2011

Rehab


Today I buried you,
I forgot your location,
I detached those memories,
I rationalised actions,
I forgave shortcomings,
I compartmentalised part of me.

I trialled enveloping
In preoccupation,
And test ran
Masquerading in merridom,
An obvious bandage,
For poor judgement,
And bad choices.

Yet
Day by day,
Trickling time twitches reminders,
And temporarily
Buried thoughts,
Twinkle,
Like specs of dirt on your character,
And soon it all
Resurfaced,
Boiling from the ground beneath,
Engrossing me,
Like quicksand,
The more I struggled to break free,
The more I was consumed,
                                                More
                                                            More
                                                                        And more.

Today is not a good day,
Today I relapsed,
Today I enrolled again in rehab,
Resubmitting my application…
Name: “Foolish Ignorant”
Age: “Old enough”
Background: “Was good.
Once upon a time”
Symptoms: “Anger, self-loathing, impatience.”
Medicine: “Religion, take all the time,
And compartmentalise the rest”

Audhu Billahi Minashaitan ir Rajeem
-
 I seek refuge from the accursed Satan,
Day one…

No comments:

Post a Comment